16 July 2018
• South African citizen with an ID.
• Matric (Preference will be given to a candidate with related tertiary education)
• Current, legal South African drivers licence.
• Minimum 3-4 years experience in Shipping and estimation is essential.
• SYSPRO experience is advantageous.
• Excellent communication skills in English at all levels.
• Strong attention to detail is necessary.
• Plan, organise, maintain and control the shipping functions of the Company.
• Have integrity and accountability, be approachable, confidential and trustworthy.
• Have excellent time management, good judgement, proactive, quick to resolve issues and provide solutions.
• Relating and networking skills as well as presentation and communication skills.
• Be reliable, presentable, and professional, and have excellent command of the English language.
• Be self motivated, disciplined, and have the ability to work independently.
• Have attention to detail and thrive in a fast paced delivery driven, and pressurised environment.
• Have initiative, be flexible, dynamic, a self starter, and a team player.
• Have common sense, take pride in your work, have a positive attitude and be confident.
• Control, manage, plan and co-ordinate Import Control, Export Control, and Road Freight etc.
• Effectively administer the full Shipping Controller role (including but not limited to: legal compliance and cost control, shipments documentation i.e. shipping files, filling, etc.
• Co-ordinate and consolidate shipments from suppliers in the most cost effective manner.
• Negotiate freight rates and sailing and flight schedules etc. to ensure timeous clearance and delivery.
• Track shipments with clearing agents with regards to timelines, custom releases or detentions etc.
• Assist sales team with export quotations via air, sea and road.
• Assist Accounts with relevant documents and signatures for payment of foreign and local invoices.
• Negotiate rates with export agents, shipping lines and road transporters for all forms of export, air, sea and over boarder
• Negotiate transport and delivery of shipments via various modes of transport to our premises at the best rate to accommodate our specific schedules and requirements i.e. from ports, airports, etc.
• Track and trace departure and arrival of shipment.
• Keep up to date with tariff consulting, custom regulations, etc.
• Good Knowledge of and experience with SABS rules, regulations, standard of requirements, etc.
• Follow up with suppliers for invoices, packing list and related documents.
• Follow up with forwarding agents for AN, shipping lines notifications.
• Submit same to clearing agent with clearing instructions.
• Shipping files to adhere to auditors requirements at all times.
• Improve the overall profitability of the Company by controlling the shipping functions and procedures of the Company.
• Wear the Company Uniform with pride.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Set a personal example for yourself and others in areas of personal character, organisational skills, commitment and work habits etc.
• General duties and ad hoc tasks, projects and requests when required.
Salary: Market related. (Remuneration will be negotiable based on experience and skills).
Please submit your CV, ID, Matric, Drivers Licence, last 3 payslips, and any additional certificates that you feel would add value to your application to email@example.com.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
If you are interested,
Please fill out this form:
Other Career Positions
Key Competencies: - The ideal candidate will have experience with ...
Internal Lighting Sales Consultant
Job Responsibilities: Meet and exceed sales targets as set out ...
Minimum Requirements: • South African citizen with an ID, residing ...
Minimum Requirements: • South African citizen with an ID. • ...
Production Planner Inventory Controller (PPIC)
Minimum Requirements: • South African citizen and ID, residing in ...