20 February 2019
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
1. Plan, organise, maintain, control and manage the sales functions of the Company, ensuring that sales targets are met and exceeded.
2. Analyse marketplace and design a market strategy based on the product range.
3. Manage existing business and develop new business to optimise sales.
4. Maintain excellent Customer relationship management levels at all times
5. Manage special prices, profit margins, costings etc, as and when necessary in conjunction with the MD.
6. Manage returns in a cost effective manner.
7. Manage the distribution of marketing material (catalogues, etc.) appropriately in conjunction with the Marketing Manager.
8. Assist Sales staff in achieving targets
9. Discuss each customer (purchasing patterns, likes etc.) monthly
10. Oversee and ensure that Reps daily schedules are appropriate and effective for maximising sales, give advice where appropriate and necessary.
11. Assist Sales reps with projects and costing where necessary.
12. Maintain and check Back Order Reports
13. Endeavour to keep employees motivated and committed, as this improves sales and customer service.
14. Prepare and submit a daily report to MD on sales versus targets.
15. Prepare and present weekly training of product knowledge, industry trends Company policies and procedures.
1. Assist Sales staff with customer service and customer issues where appropriate
2. Discuss each customer (purchasing patterns, likes etc.) monthly.
3. Offer technical assistance and technical reports to distributors, employees, customers etc. where appropriate and necessary.
4. Ensure timeous callouts are done to check on faulty units.
5. Keep updated with market trends, competitor movements, product information and knowledge.
1. Attend Management meeting, timeous effective communication (e-mails etc.)
2. Prepare and propose a forecast of sales volumes for each product, customer, line etc. To predict short and long term performance.
3. Create and recommend market strategy for products, customers etc.
4. Analyse sales versus target by product monthly and year end, sales by customers daily and monthly, stock movements, fast against slow moving products etc.
5. Ensure continuous market investigation and competitor research is done.
6. Communicate with the buyer on market prices, offerings, stock shortages etc.
7. Ensure calculation of profitability of products and communicate effectively.
8. Analyse, monitor and control discount pricing
9. Suggest and authorise project pricing, follow up on projects registered and communicate with representatives
10. Analyse new products to be added to the range, customer discount structure versus past performance, etc.
11. Report sales figures and swot analysis
12. Assist Accounts dept with queries
13. Analyse and evaluate potential new accounts and explain distribution policies to new clients
14. Analyse expenses and recommend expenditure and cost cutting, implement accordingly where necessary.
1. Manage employees to ensure that they are productive, learning and growing.
2. Mentor, coach and guide employees to be the best they can be.
3. Ensure that employees know, abide by and follow the Company policies and procedures.
4. When necessary and appropriate complete documentation for sales employees (i.e. commission spreadsheet, performance reviews, etc.) and ensure that appropriate market related compensation and remuneration is applied to retain talent.
5. When necessary and appropriate, apply proper compliant discipline (poor performance process, warnings etc.) to ensure performance, and maximised sales, including preparation and attending disciplinary hearings.
6. Ensure that Sales Department team, distributors, clients etc. are knowledgeable on products and technical issues as product knowledge is a vital tool to improving and increasing sales. Give regular training to upskill employees.
7. Prepare employee training budget with motivation for each training intervention and employee.
8. With the assistance of the employee, analyse, and report on the learning and change in behaviour after each training intervention immediately and after 3 months.
9. Have individual meetings with all direct reports monthly to discuss sales, customer issues, performance issues etc. to coach and to guide, and to prepare sales target bonus achievement.
10. Prepare and check sales reps expense claims, petrol claims, monthly commission etc. and submit same to HR for payroll purposes.
11. Review leave balances, processes, forms and behaviour with employees, ensure that the Sales department is always optimally staffed over busy periods, shutdown, long weekends etc.
12. Define Job descriptions for employees, and review same monthly during performance discussion, for advice, guidance, issue identification to allow the employee to improve and learn on an ongoing basis.
13. Review employee’s performance, improvement, productivity etc. quarterly during ongoing review discussions.
14. Recommend bonuses based on annual reviews done and improvements and productivity.
15. Investigate the market for talented employees for future employment with the Company.
16. Review all CV’s for vacant positions, interview shortlisted applicants, formally propose candidates to MD for final interviews.
1. Improve the overall profitability of the Company by reaching and exceeding sales targets monthly.
2. Wear the Company Uniform with pride.
3. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
4. Set a personal example for yourself, the sales team and others in areas of personal character, organisational skills, commitment and work habits etc.
5. General duties and ad hoc tasks, projects and requests when required
Attributes and Behavioural Requirements:
• Have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to work accurately, to the highest standards.
• Have excellent organisational ability, be goal orientated, have excellent time management skills.
• Have good composure, be polite, well groomed, presentable, friendly, reliable and professional.
• Have the ability to be dynamic and thrive in a fast paced, delivery driven, pressurised environment.
• Have the ability to meet deadlines, quick turnaround times and execute last minute demands.
• Have common sense, take pride in your work, take ownership, be delivery driven and be confident.
• Have integrity, good judgement, be a self-starter, quick to resolve issues and provide solutions.
• Have excellent flexibility, relating, networking, presentation and communication skills.
• Have accountability, be honest, ethical, respectful, approachable, confidential and trustworthy.
• Be self motivated, disciplined, and have the ability to use initiative, meet deadlines and work independently.
• Be enthusiastic, a problem solving team player with a strong work ethic, and positive can-do attitude.
• Be anticipative, and proactive, plan, prioritise, multi-task and be willing to work a flexible schedule.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, and work with team members to achieve collective goals, seek collaboration and build trust and confidence in others.
• Wear the Company Uniform with pride, and be a Spazio Brand Ambassador.
• Set a personal example for yourself and others in areas of personal character, organisational skills, commitment and work habits etc.
Salary: market related (negotiable depending on experience), Medical aid and Pension fund.
Please submit your CV. ID. Matric, Drivers Licence last 3 payslips, and any additional certificates that you feel would add value to your application as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
If you have not received a reply within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
If you are interested,
Please fill out this form:
Other Career Positions
Talented, high energy, hard working, driven employees with Lighting experience
Salary: market related (negotiable depending on experience), Medical aid and ...
Internal Lighting Sales Consultant
Job Responsibilities: Meet and exceed sales targets as set out ...
Key Competencies: The ideal candidate will have experience with the ...
Key Competencies: - The ideal candidate will have experience with ...
External Lighting Sales Consultant
Job Responsibilities: • Meet and exceed sales targets as set ...